In a client website I have setup geolocation field with google maps widget for input. While it was working well for quite some time these days my client reported that it was getting some annoying error messages.
This is the error message that is displayed when editing a node/page.
Geocoder failed due to: REQUEST_DENIED
A similar message gets displayed when you try to lookup for a location with green get location button
Apparently there is no one mentioning this problem on drupal.org or even anywhere on the internet it seems
I only found this wp page that talks about the same problem and offered a solution by following this tutorial. Aparently following the tutorial and especially the part where the Geocoder API is enabled solved the problem.